My Home

 My Home

My home is in a country called Afghanistan. I lived in a city called Kabul which is the capital of Afghanistan. It was very busy and there was a lot of traffic noise because we lived in an apartment next to a park and there was a big road in front of the building. My house had a dark brown door and the number on the top of it. When you open that door you will see a small corridor that is the intersection of 3 rooms and the kitchen. I grew up in a home full of noise. The noises includes loud music and television, Vacuuming in the morning, playing around, and shouting. 


Even my room, which I shared with 5 siblings. It was like a square, but we could fit in it. 

Our room had a soft white and red rug with a beautiful big flower on it. I really liked to sleep on it because it was so relaxing.  The wall of our room was light gray with white color ceiling. On the right side we had a small bookshelf. Next to my room was a small kitchen with a lot of cabinets with dishes. Our kitchen also had a red dark brown rug because that’s where we siblings sometimes ate, so that dark color can hide the food stains. That was a dining table because in my culture we sit on the floor to eat. 

   


In front of the kitchen is my parent’s bedroom. It has a big bed and the walls are blue in my parent’s bedroom. There was a window sitting area on the left  which was designed by my mom. The window has a blue and white curtain. You can see people walking, the voices of cars, and a man selling  ice-cream which was my favorite.  The rooms in my house are full of sunlight which is really enjoyable in winter. There are nice tall trees next to the windows of our room. 



I have a family with 8 people in it, my parents, my 3 sisters and 2 brothers. My mother was an obstetrician and a general anesthesiologist. She worked in a hospital. My mom is the only person who listens to all of the family members’ problems. She controls both the outside and inside problems of the house. My mom is my best friend. I share everything with her. Dad was an engineer. He was a mobile telephone technician. My father is a person who always tries hard to find money for his children to keep them happy and makes their wishes come true. He wants us to study hard, always try hard to become successful people in life. 



My sister Muska, was born after me. She is 14 years old. She is the funniest of our family and she always keeps us happy and helps me a lot. Marwa is the third daughter of our family. She is 12 years old. She is kind of a cool person. She cares about family, but she cares less about other people. Problems are not a big deal for her; she can solve it quickly. Everybody says Marwa is lucky because my brother was born after her and in my country boy was important, but not for my parents they raised us the same. Arman is the first boy in my family. He is 10 years old. His nickname is Sottan which means fat. My mom says Arman and I are eating so much. Arman is so respectful to people that are older than him and everybody says good things about him. My small brother Mustafa is 7 years old; he never talks too much; he is a quiet, smart and questioning person. He always asks different kinds of questions which sometimes I can not answer for example: why don't we fall from the earth when the earth is in the air. My small sister Maryam is 5 years old. I call her Chata which means cute. She is a good little girl. 



My family is everything to me. My family members are the best people in my life. My father is one of the kindest people I have ever met. He taught me kindness because there is nothing in this world without kindness and helping each other. My mother is someone who always tries and never gives up. She taught me that anything happens just try and reach your goal.  I never had a best friend to spend my time with, but my siblings were always there for me, they are my best friends. They were with me in every situation of my life and I am sure they will be, whether good or bad. I get peace from my family and my home. For me, my family is like a circle; the relationship never ends. My family completes me. They make me happy. They tell me my mistakes. Whenever I get lost in my life path they show me the right way. Whenever I have a problem my family is always there for me. I feel at ease when I am with my family, I am incomplete without them.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My reaction to chapter 2

Observatory and Planetarium of Yale

Sterling Law Building of Yale University