Overcoming Adversity


Hello all, this is Mursal Sarwary. First of all I want to share the reason why

I chose this topic for my poster. I chose the topic because I wanted to

share the story of lifting my country (AFGHANISTAN) and coming to a

different country (USA). And also how did I overcome the problems that I

had??


In 2020, I came to the USA with my family. I had a culture shock because everything was new for me and my family. I was feeling sad because I was far away from my grandparents and friends. The language was hard. I could speak a little, but I could not solve my problems with it. In summer, me and my family joined summer English programs which helped us a lot. I went to high school for two years. I studied 11th and 12th grade here. I met different people in school who were from different countries. They spoke Spanish which I learned a little. I graduated!! I applied for the English intensive program. My teacher helped me a lot with it. I was excited and so happy when I got approved. This program helped to overcome my English language writing, speaking and reading skills. And it helped me to find new friends and become an independent person.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My reaction to chapter 2

Observatory and Planetarium of Yale

Sterling Law Building of Yale University